Play Prism offers various workshops for educators, parents, and caregivers aimed at teaching the art of play to preschool-aged children. Workshops cover topics such as movement, social skill development, imaginative play versus constructive play, to name a few. Typically, the program lasts for three hours and is limited to 12 participants at a time. Please contact Play Prism to schedule a workshop at your facility (note that workshops are available in New Jersey at this time)!
WORKSHOP #1 — What’s In The Bag?
Takes Story Time to a Whole New Level!
Created by: Lynn DeSalvo, M.S., CCC-SLP
Cost: $500 Class size: 12
A jazzed-up story time with book, props, and activity ideas to engage students and teachers alike! The workshop gives teachers strategies to build anticipation, focus, and a variety of speech and language skills. The workshop is designed for typically developing preschoolers or preschoolers with special needs.
- Demonstration of technique regarding What’s In the Bag?
- Language and Communication skills that target a variety of Core Curriculum goals
- Theme-related book with corresponding items in Mystery Bag
- Special follow-up activity
- Visuals to use with three-step sequence (What’s In the Bag?, Book, Special Activity)
- Hands-on practice implementing new techniques